Part of being a writer is snuggling up alone on Valentine’s day with a great book (or movie, or tv show). Actually, that may just be me, but I still love it.
Anyways, here’s my 8 of my favorite fictional romances to celebrate Valentine’s day!
1. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The classic couple, separated by misunderstanding and flaws, brought together by a willingness to change.
2. Natasha Romanoff and Bucky Barnes- The Marvel Universe
Or Black Widow and Winter Soldier, to the uneducated. They’re not quite a couple in the movies yet, but they’re going to be. I can tell. What’s cuter than a couple of brainwashed assassins falling in love, being separated for years, and then reuniting in the present time?
3. Belle and Adam- Beauty and the Beast
(Yes, his name is Adam). I’m super excited about the live action movie coming out! Their shared love of reading, their gradual change of heart towards each other, and their willingness to put themselves in harm’s way to protect each other all makes for an awesome romance.
4. Beatrice and Lemony Snicket- A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
We don’t know how they were as a couple, but Lemony’s dedication to Beatrice makes for a great romance.
5. Leia Organa and Han Solo- Star Wars
“I love you.” “I know.” The best romantic dialogue out there.
6. Lucy Carlyle and Anthony Lockwood- Lockwood and Co. Series by Jonathan Stroud
From one of the best middle grade series out there. These two aren’t a couple, yet, but there’s still one more book coming out that could make it official!
7. Rose Tyler and the Ninth Doctor- Doctor Who
Move over, Ten- Nine was there first.
8. Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
So Mr. Rochester might not be the ideal man, but Jane knows how to deal with that. Their romance isn’t one to emulate, but I know I love reading about it.
What are some other great fictional couples? I know I missed a lot!