In honor of Mother’s Day, here are some of the best fictional moms out there. None can compete with MY mom, of course, but these eight can try.
1. Eliza Hamilton- Hamilton
Not very many moms are main characters in themselves, so Eliza is a welcome change- she has her own motivation and character arc, but still loves and supports her family in a traditional way.
2. Joana- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
(Spoilers) Although Joana isn’t a mother until the epilogue, she takes care of everyone throughout the story.
3. Sally Jackson- Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Anyone who can put up with Percy as their child is awesome, and she sacrifices so much for him.
4. Joyce Byers- Stranger Things
She believes that her son is still alive, no matter what anyone tells her. And, like mothers often are, she’s right!
5. Morticia Addams- The Addams Family
She’ll keep the children dressed in black and the house dusted with cobwebs.
6. Molly Weasley- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
You knew she’d be on the list!
7. Ripley- Aliens
So she’s not technically a mother, but she’s Newt’s mom. She is. Also Alien 3 doesn’t exist.
8. Ma Ingalls- The Little House Books by Laura Ingalls
What can I say? She keeps her family together, through all their ups and downs. She’s Ma!
Who are some of your favorite fictional moms?